"the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do." Steve Jobs
This blog is dedicated to the most critical factors of my existence and being, my parents and my sisters..especially to my younger one..thanks for everything Dolls..



I have not even attempted to put in words what i hold deep in my soul and existence for ONE MAN to whom i owe it all.. though i was born out of my mother's womb, my psychological and spiritual birth's fountainhead lies in him .. my FATHER - my God, my strength, my reason of existence... my alpha and my omega...

Monday, December 12, 2011

A supernova...


Lying on this dune here
The precise point where the sky and the desert meets
I look back and think
I was once a star... a supernova in the process
Then i fell off the sky
Wreathing in the anguish of separation with my mother sky...
Unbeknownst to this painful inferno inside me
People down there clapped their hands and asked for wishes
..then...i hit the earth
while the warm wind caressed my dead soul...
along with all the potentials of a supernova
And millions of black holes inside me
I turned into ash
Precisely
At this point where the sky and the desert meets 

16 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Sushmita! Very meaningful and the words speak to many emotions and situations .... I love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could write I'd write something like this. It's short and soulful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful read. Thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful poem with so much imagery and meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read, re-read, wowed, wondered, thought about what to comment, googled supernova, exclaimed at your knowledge, learnt something sparking brand new, re-read and am now thinking, does this ash go back to forming a supernova in some way?? Does the law of conservation of matter/energy hold true here, too?

    - Eternally hopeful, me. ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey - you are such a precious friend..i love it when i see you on my blog..hope you are taking care of yourself

    Raja- you are a better writer... :) i know that

    Clarissa , Yvonne - Thank you for stopping by :)

    Of One Heart - yes sweetheart, laws of universe say that , i being part of that universe become compliant to it...but ...what if there are aberrations ..and i am one of them.... sorry for being so low and down...just not feeling great buddy...i am humbled by the fact that you are sending positive energies to me :) thank you...that's like a real friend... about my knowledge..do not be so impressed .. i knew about supernova from nat geo programs and i did google it for further insight before i used it to express what i wanted to say... i am a star gazer and anything to do with them makes me watch the program and read up on it... that's it..nothing extraordinary...i have always been interested in quantum physics as a layman since it somehow connects the dot with the paranormal.. :) but it does not mean i can talk on a particular topic of that stream.. like finding 4th dimension!! please do not think you are reading poems of intelligent person..i am really dumb...really...till now i do not know the meaning of this new term "xoxo" !!! :( please do not make fun of me .!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful read!

    Somehow, I think you’ll always sparkle Sushmita.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was wonderful, Sushmita. Everything is connected! We are all connected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://indrajit.wordpress.com/2005/12/13/kya-ho-tum/

    ReplyDelete
  10. your poems and posts are always painted with sadness and pain, I hope there is lots of sunshine in your real life, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You my friend can capture an emotion better than anyone I read. Or maybe we just have the same blackholes. Either way I love your poetry. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sush....I hope things are fine, if not, atleast the universe is pointing them soon to the finer things.

    I felt pain reading this poem of yours-
    "while the warm wind caressed my dead soul...
    along with all the potentials of a supernova
    And millions of black holes inside me
    I turned into ash
    Precisely
    At this point where the sky and the desert meets "

    Each one of us have blackholes. I do not know how to get rid of them as I am myself trying to fill them but since they are blackholes they still seem empty and they sometimes laugh on me for me being so naive and stupidly trying to fill them with goodness of me. Life is a journey, its great if we can find the weaknesses and actually work for it. I will pray for you to lead you to light and happiness. Be the Sun, that's a more powerful star than any you mean in your poem :-)

    Take care, lots of love.
    Shef

    ReplyDelete
  13. Talented poem...I hope you can rise again from the ash

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why can't I write anything so magical like this. You are really great Sushmita.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Sushmita, for the New Year wishes. I send the same warm thoughts to you. I hope this coming year is filled with happiness, love, good health, and many blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete

Recipes from Vedic Kitchen- THE ORGANIC SOAP BARS