"the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do." Steve Jobs
This blog is dedicated to the most critical factors of my existence and being, my parents and my sisters..especially to my younger one..thanks for everything Dolls..



I have not even attempted to put in words what i hold deep in my soul and existence for ONE MAN to whom i owe it all.. though i was born out of my mother's womb, my psychological and spiritual birth's fountainhead lies in him .. my FATHER - my God, my strength, my reason of existence... my alpha and my omega...

Friday, February 4, 2011

A confession...

i come back with a confession

i have told some of you individually, but today i go public with my social shyness problem with you all...

since childhood i have suffered from social shyness , any type of attention makes me feel very very very uncomfortable

i was a stage performer but i would come back hungry from parties because i was shy of eating in public, during my youth when i got attention from opposite gender i would want to hide in a cave, i refused promotion while working because i was underconfident of my skills as a manager, i refused to give presentation on assignments for which i had really worked hard (broken my neck!) because i could not muster courage to go public ... ... outwardly i have reacted as a rebel not caring to wear clothes or makeup (people around me thought i was bindas..) but the deep rooted issue was that i was scared of attention

nobody in the outside world except a few of them know that i can actually look the way i do on my blog... in fact not even the man i am married to knows that i have won lots of dance competitions...blogging was a medium of expression because i had so much inside me and i did not have the skills to share it with the world around me ....

i have been given awards by my blogger friends in the past, but due to this handicap i have felt very embarassed to display them on my blog...every time i see a new person on my blogger friend roll i get anxious..not happy ... anxious of failing them ...

when i got this one today i thought probably universe is forcing me to mend my ways....these blogging friends of mine have somehow managed to find my name everytime they wanted to share their happiness ....

i hereby display this award given to me by Samantha from  Life, Love and Living in France fame

Thanks Samantha, i am humbled to the core....

i would also like to thank all my friends who have in the past showed their affection for me by passing on the awards to me , i am sorry for not having enough courage to display them on my blog at that point in time....

Life is good, because today i have chosen to break this wall inside me... even if it is a virtual world... i am sure .. there is a plan which is coming in action .. thank you all for helping me surpass myself..and my limitations..

I would like to pass this to

http://juliemooreonlife.wordpress.com/
http://expressionsofamadwoman.blogspot.com/
http://mybigsecretblog.blogspot.com/
http://thinkerpositive.blogspot.com/
http://stuffcouldalwaysbeworse.blogspot.com/
http://velvetoversteel.blogspot.com/

you just need to write briefly about "life is good" and if you feel like do pass it on the award to your other friends...




19 comments:

  1. It sounds like social anxiety disorder. I hope dilvulging this makes you feel better and a weight has been lifted off you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sushmita, I would never have guessed that you are shy. I am also so I can relate to all the feelings you speak of. You are wise beyond your years, and I have benefited from your words and wisdom. I hope you never stop writing. Congratulations on your awards! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby steps, my friend, baby steps. Everything transforms in small, one at a time steps. HOORAY, one step down. :)

    And congratulations on the award!
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award! I agree that I was socially handicapped many years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How brave of you to write about your shyness.
    I congratulate you on the award, most deserving. also to the people you have given it to.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once like that and say I still have some awkward feeling in me when the attention points to me. I am afraid of crowd and public or so, but I am doing my best to overcome it. You cna do it. share your talents to others. Only few people were blessed with those kinds of abilities.

    Congratulations for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have a similar issue. i am shy, but i can hide it quite well by being overly outgoing. no one believes im shy, but it comes thru when i have to deal with people on the phone. I HATE talking to people who i dont know, or even dont know well. it scares the heck outta me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (wail with me because a loooonnnnnnnnng comment I had typed disappeared.)

    Restarting. Ahem!

    Dear Darling Sush,

    I read this post and my insides turned. That is an understatement actually. You couldn't possibly be a piece of me, could you?

    I love you for all you are. I want you to know that.

    The winds are changing and I am GLAD! I need REGULAR updates on what you're doing next! :D I want to learn to dance. Will you be my teacher?

    When are you getting your blog header printed out and framed to display at home? DO IT. It is the most gorgeous collage ever! Do it. Do it. Do it.

    I will be waiting to hear that you did it.

    In the meanwhile, I am snatching that award away. Life is good! I have needed to start my nocturnal schedule with that! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this personal part of yourself. Courage such as this makes the world shine brighter, and frees others to be authentic. You are a beautiful soul. Blessings...

    Johnnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are beautiful. But, you probably hear that all the time. I suffer from shyness as well, well I've become less shy over the years. But, I was the same in that I never wore fancy clothes or did my hair up nice because I was afraid to stand out. Thank you for sharing your story and congrats on the awards. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww.. I used to be just like that!! I actually spent vacation time & money 'on myself' :-) last summer taking a week long 'presentation' class. I was so proud of myself & I am extremely proud of YOU my friend!!!!

    Thank you for sharing this. It will help so many. I am also so very surprized and HONORED for the award too!!

    Have a Fantastic weekend my Friend!!
    HUGS,
    Coreen xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, I think my comment just disappeared too! Not sure. Well, here goes again. :-)

    I had the same fear of public speaking & giving presentations. So I took a week long class for myself last summer and Did it!! So proud of myself and so proud of You for sharing this, etc. You just helped so many!!

    Thank you too for the award! I was surprized and so HONORED!!
    Take Care my friend!!
    HUGS,
    Coreen xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Behind my blog I'm not shy, in person I'd shrivel up. If you're a kid I can do anything with you, even climb a fire tower when I am so dealthy afraid of heights.
    Baby steps, my friend. Take care and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Sushmita at the moment i feel nice that u r sharing more about yourself. It's ok about ur shyness. i believe all of us have some fears some traits in us that we are not very proud of.
    Sometimes we try and deal with it and other times we just let it be.
    Congratulations both for ur own sense of coming out of it and also for ur awards.
    i should say then, Well Deserved!...way to go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First the virtual world, then the real one baby!
    There is nothing I can say that you don't already know. You do what you have to do to get through the day, but know that at the end of it, you are loved as you are.
    And congrats on your (many) awards! You are the most inspirational blogger. I always feel such a sense of peace and strength when I come here. I suspect the people in your life feel the same way in your presence.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for this award! My first and I will display it proudly because it came from you(if I can figure out how, I'm new to all this). You know I love your inspirational writing and pics. You are a light for all the world to see so let it shine brightly. Congrats on ALL your awards you deserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the award, you deserve it whether you think so or not :)

    You know I got a bit self conscious about getting more followers a little while ago. Like you, for fear of letting them down. But, I’ll tell you what I told myself: just keep doing what you’re doing, we love you just the way you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...coming forward was a brave first step, good for you:)

    I also tend to shy away from crowds whenever possible. My editor has already informed me that he's got several book signings scheduled following my upcoming release...and while exciting, the thought causes my stomach to shrivel up in anxiety. Your problem is a common hurdle to overcome...and in time you will, as will I:)

    EL

    ReplyDelete
  19. i see myself there :) quite alot.

    ReplyDelete

Recipes from Vedic Kitchen- THE ORGANIC SOAP BARS